Risk Management Food Hygiene Inspections
Food hygiene inspections from SGS – improve the quality of food handling and hygiene.
Any business involved in the sale and preparation of food and food products must pay close attention to food handling, safety and sanitation. Failure to do so can cause food to spoil and the spread of food borne diseases. Our food hygiene inspections verify and audit existing food safety systems and processes, as well as reviewing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits.
During a food hygiene inspection, the infrastructure, storage, food preparation and handling of raw materials are evaluated, as well as personnel hygiene. In addition, we conduct microbiological testing of food, surfaces, handlers and water environments.
Effective food hygiene audits help you to:
- Understand regulations and the responsibilities of third party food suppliers
- Devise and implement corrective and preventive measures
- Reduce the risk of food borne illness
- Implement an effective control system
- Meet R.M. No. 363-2005/MINSA government policy and avoid fines
- Build trust with end-users about safety and service
With extensive expertise in the retail hospitality industry, our food hygiene inspections are designed for restaurants, cafes, fast food chains, canteens, dealers and businesses located inside mines that prepare and/or sell food.
Why choose SGS’s hygiene inspection services?
We have more than 25 years' experience in Peru and are accredited by INACAL under standard NTP-ISO/IEC 17020* for health and hygiene inspections, surface inspections and inspection room sampling lots (microbiological characteristics). We have the most modern INACAL NTP standard ISO 17025* laboratories in Latin America. Furthermore, to ensure the reliability of your results, we have a regional and international inter-laboratory program.
This service includes:
- Evaluation of:
- Personnel’s hygiene and clothing
- Storage and handling of raw materials and inputs
- Food preparation
- Microbiological evaluation of:
- Water environments
* Details of our accreditation scope are available at: www.inacal.gob.pe
Contact SGS today to find out how our food hygiene inspections can improve the quality of your food handling processes.