Chemical Corrosion Monitoring
Corrosion monitoring from SGS – prevent catastrophic failure and maintain safe, reliable operation of your industrial equipment.
Your industrial equipment, installations and plants are subject to high rates of corrosion due to harsh operating and environmental conditions and corrosive chemicals. Corrosion can lead to structural failure or loss of containment, costly repairs, lost or contaminated products, environmental damage, risk to personnel, and loss of public confidence. Our corrosion monitoring services continuously focus on your critical equipment, avoiding catastrophic failure and maintaining safe and reliable operation.
Why use corrosion monitoring from SGS?
Our qualified engineers, certified inspectors and material specialists can develop a unique corrosion management strategy to meet your specific needs. We offer you unrivaled experience, knowledge and equipment to bring you a full range of corrosion monitoring services. We can help you:
- Detect and monitor corrosion
- Determine corrosion rates, identify potentially hazardous conditions, locate structural defects and discover material non-compliances
- Promote the transition from a reactive to a proactive safety culture
- Substantially reduce maintenance costs
- Calculate the remaining life of your equipment
- Implement cost-effective inspection and maintenance programs on items with a high probability of failure
- Ensure the integrity and safety of your assets, and contribute to a successful health, safety and environmental (HSE) management program
A trusted leader in corrosion monitoring
We offer you worldwide coverage, multidisciplinary expertise and highly qualified staff with extensive experience. Our corrosion monitoring services include:
- Customized Corrosion Management Strategy (CMS)
- Corrosion inspection and monitoring
- Corrosion risk assessment and management
- Data analysis
- Finite element analysis
- Fitness for service assessment
- Gap fill services
- Inspection and maintenance program for potentially vulnerable items
- Materials testing
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Process safety management program development
- Regular reviews
- Remaining life assessment
- Reporting and performance monitoring
- Risk mitigation
Contact us today to discuss how our corrosion monitoring services can prevent catastrophic failure and maintain safe and reliable operation of your industrial equipment.